Saturday, October 12, 2013

We Are All Equal In God's Eyes



I passed through a recreational park sometime last week. It was a cool and chilly morning, the sun had not come up to pave way for the beautiful day it was supposed to be. There were very few people in the park.

From far, I could hear the voice of a young boy singing praise songs. His voice was coming from the direction I was walking towards. It did not take long before I got to see his face. He was about 9 years old. He had a chiselled-angular smiley face, shaggy hair and a button nose. He seemed to have spent his night at that particular spot. I could see that was freezing but still happy… he was clapping and singing joyfully as if his life depended on it. He was disabled. He could not walk. 

That evening, I used same route on my way home. The boy was at the same spot I had left him, only that this time, he was sleepy after spending a long day in the scorching hot sun. He was struggling to keep awake; his head would go as low as 2 inches to the ground.  

As I walked past him, many thoughts ran through my mind:

  • God does care about all of us, equally, regardless of where we are in life.
  • We are all equal in the eyes of God, from that boy in the park to the World Bank president, to Bill Gates. We are all equal… and God doesn’t love any one much more than the other… God loves Uhuru Kenyatta (my president) in the same magnitude as he loves that boy and in the same way that He loves me.

Isn’t that deep?



1 comment: