Thursday, September 29, 2011

MARRIAGE? Reasons why not to get into it.

I was listening to Maina and King'ang'i yesterday. I know I have never been sure whether I want to get married or not. After listening to Maina's conversation with one of the ladies; HELL NO! I ain't going down the aisle. What kind of men do we have in the world?

This lady called Maina yesterday and she was explaining about her marriage situation. She got married to a man who was once a pastor. She gave her all to him. She was a virgin at marriage. After around 5 years of marriage, the husband was no longer a pastor. In fact, he goes to the bar, and spends nights out (> of course with other ladies). In the morning, he comes home drunk and beats her up. To add salt to the sour wound, she recently found out that she is HIV+.

She moved out after finding out about her status. She deeply regrets having gotten married. If she did not get married in the first place, she would be in a high-flying career and HIV-free. She concluded by saying that all men are beasts. They are out to destroy that which God has made beautiful. She was crying on radio as she was explaining the whole story.

I was waiting for a 9 am class as I was listening to all this. I was unable to hold my tears. Why in the world would a normal-thinking human being do all this to a woman he claims to love? Does love really exist? If it did, is this the kind of love that is practiced by men and women that are romantically involved?

After listening to this whole conversation, I vowed to KEEP OFF MEN! All men! I don't know how I will do it but I know I will.

DAMN ALL MEN!!!

3 comments:

  1. This really is a saddening story. There is also the other angle ever considered happily married couples? ever seen a happy family unit? atimes the media portrays the negative side only. I see the thing that people marry is for companionship,Help mate and support(Financially, emotionally etc.). Some children who are brought up in happy family as opposed to single family will tend to have a sense of security and balanced life. Imagine a world without men, you may feel it will be okay but also remember there are good families which are complete though they may have challenges, sharing them will seem much easier to bear,sharing fears will make one feel confident and face another day with courage. But that notwithstanding, life is all that you choose and remember it is living it and not imagining. Ever thought of being in a big house alone and you maybe having a kid or two but sharing with the a young ones the challenges and struggles of life may not make much sense as sharing it with your equal other. Any way life is about choices we make and they determine our destiny. All the best as you make your choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sweet sister, this story is horrible, wicked and evil. But... we should not and cannot damn ALL MEN because of some wicked men. Jesus went to the cross for these wicked men, and for wicked women as well. Our God loves these men-- that's why He sent his only son to the cross and it is His desire that none of these men would perish apart from Him. So, my friend, let us not damn these men. Let us pray for these men.

    I end with this, yes love does exist between a man and a woman. I've been blessed to experience it myself. I have been married to my sweetheart for almost 19 years. He is just as kind, and tender towards me today as he was the day we met--even more so today. His love for me is soooooo beautiful. Keep in mind that he had no examples of how to care for a wife and family as a man should. His father abandoned he and his mother when he was 4 years old and he saw his father physically abuse his mother. All of the men in his life, cheated, lied to and abused women. But God had his hand on him.

    Our God is a redeemer and restorer. He is the God who turns ashes into beauty! Oh Lord, take the ashes of broken famlies, hopeless, and scared women and children, confused and wicked men and transform them into the most beautiful, beautiful bouquet. My all be astounded by you, Oh God, because of your beautiful transforming power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...I have been married to my sweetheart for almost 19 years. He is just as kind, and tender towards me today as he was the day we met--even more so today. His love for me is soooooo beautiful. Keep in mind that he had no examples of how to care for a wife and family as a man should. His father abandoned he and his mother when he was 4 years old and he saw his father physically abuse his mother. All of the men in his life, cheated, lied to and abused women. But God had his hand on him." ... WOW! You are blessed to have your husband. Congratulations on your 19th year of marriage. Am very happy for you.

      Thank you for the prayer at the end of your comment. God bless you, Alecia.

      Delete