Friday, February 28, 2014

Funny moments in class


Today (28/02/2014) in management class:

We were learning about how to prepare departmental and organizational budgets and how manage your subordinates with regards to budgets.

Instructor: Make sure that your employees put their figures in the budget.

My lovely and beautiful desk-mate was absent-minded… but she managed to hear this statement. The problem is that she heard the instructor say: Make sure that your employees put their fingers in the budget. She interrupts the instructor and here’s their conversation:

Desk-mate: Excuse me sir, why should they put their fingers in the budget? Shouldn’t it be their minds?

Instructor: (Deeply concerned that he probably didn’t hear what she said). Excuse me?

Desk-mate: I think they should put their minds, not their fingers in the budget.

(The whole class bursted in laughter.)

My desk-mate was shocked, she was wondering why everyone was laughing. She tried asking me why we were laughing, I couldn’t tell her with all the laughter that was in class.
About 20 minutes later after the incident, she asked me why we were laughing. When I whispered and explained  it to her, she bursted into uncontrollable laughter: alone in a quiet class, everyone looked at her and wondered what was wrong with her.

You made my day, desk-mate!
I love you.

Another funny moment:
Earlier this week in a Micro-economics class, some guy interrupted our lovely lecturer to correct a mathematical expression she had written on the board. The problem was that his correction was “1+0=0”... that was what he thought. Of course our beautiful lecturer was right: "1+0=1"


No comments:

Post a Comment