Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A new year with new fears.

I thank God for keeping us alive this far. I am particularly thankful for a brand new year. This year,2012, comes with alot of uncertainty. This is especially because of the forthcoming elections. I am afraid. I don't know what to expect.

I was listening to Samuel Kivuitu (former ECK chairman) when he was being interviewed by NTV last week. When prompted whether he was responsible for the post-election violence in 2007-2008, he said that post-election violence happens after every five years.


The aftermath of the 2007-2008 post-election violence.



The major difference with that violence was that it was publicized by the international media companies and the foreigners. This really shocked me. Does this mean that we should prepare upfront for a war that is forthcoming?

I am afraid, I am really afraid. All we can do is to pray about the whole situation. Please be careful, my fellow Kenyans. Don't allow yourself to be used by the greedy politicians. Take care of your brothers and sisters. Do not attack innocent people.

No comments:

Post a Comment